Thursday, July 16, 2009

Rhett Creek on the Main Salmon

At the end of the season, usually late August/early September, guests would go back to reality and the guides could take a trip, if they had a nice owner and the gear was still local. I did. Vuerle Duerden owned the company and was great to work for. Rhett Creek beach on Salmon River At the time, the gear stayed at our warehouse in Salmon year-round. So here we are on a late season trip. Dave and Laurie (pictured) were two guides from the American River that came up and floated the Salmon with us. Great trip as I remember. The beaches on the Salmon and on the Middle Fork are stupendous. By the way, the only other place I have seen beaches rivaling the Salmon River are on the Lower Wisconsin River, from Sauk City on down to the confluence with the Mississippi. I suppose the Colorado has some nice beaches but I have never been down that creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment